Can’t wait until Halloween to finally dance until morning in fancy dress? Well, every party animal in Hong Kong feels the same way. So, if you want to make like a true local pleasure seeker than get your tickets for the Secret Island Party, the celebration of fun that immediately begins the moment you get on the ferry from Central (a floating silent disco kicks off the festivities). This year, the party will rage on from 7pm Friday 16 October to 6pm Sunday 18 October.
No party is complete without some top class tunes, so Hushup, the organisers of SIP have continuously gotten together some of Hong Kong’s up-and-coming and popular acts to provide the weekend’s live entertainment. This year’s line-up includes: Dark Himaya, Jas Josland, The Glareless, Concrete Lotus, Arthur’s Landing and so much more.
Now, if all that dancing’s got you a little too hot and out of breath, there’s a lot more to keep you entertained. There will be pop-theatre shows, roaming characters, story-telling, Sound Off Yoga practices, face-painting by Face Slap!, and children activities from arts and crafts to wild camping.
Of course, all that merrymaking can get you hungry, so feel free to pack something to eat or drink. However, if you want to travel light, don’t worry – there are always food stalls ready to provide the energy boost you need. Food this year will be provided by the likes of Koh Thai, Beef & Liberty, Cali Mex, Flaming Frango, The Candy Stand, Café O, and Anything But Salads.
And if you’re in for the long haul, here are a couple of things you shouldn’t forget to bring:
- Reusable bottles – they won’t sell any bottled water and they’ll refill yours for free
- Cash – the island is ATM-free
- Deodorant, alcohol-based wipes – for both hygiene and courtesy
- Sunscreen/Sunblock – get your tan on without the burn
- Raincoats – you never know if it would rain
- Sturdy shoes – flip flops are great, but getting your toes stepped on aren’t
- Swimwear – if you’re planning on taking a dip. Left your gear at home? No problem – Mer Culture will be on the island to sell their women’s swimwear. Sorry fellas, you’ll need to remember to bring yours.
All packed and ready to go? Don’t forget to buy your tickets. Click here: http://hushup.hk/event/?id=100 to purchase your pass to the weekend-long bash.